Welcome to Pokok-Ed!
Pokok-Ed is an educational simulation of palm oil cultivation in countries such as Indonesia and Malaysia, designed for classroom use, aimed at ages 12 through 16, though suitable for any age 12+ (due to inclusion of aspects such as child labor).
1. Educate students about:
- The palm oil cultivation process for smallholder farmers in developing regions
- How issues such as child labor and rainforest deforestation can arise out of necessity
- Options for sustainable practices in palm oil cultivation
- The consequences of different approaches to sustainability
2. Mobilize students in consumer markets to take informed approaches towards palm oil sustainability from abroad.
3. Inspire students to consider the global natures of consumer product supply chains, and how consumer choices abroad can influence sustainable and ethical practices in producer regions.
|Genre||Educational, Simulation, Strategy|
|Tags||Classes, environmental, palm-oil, school, Singleplayer, sustainability|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.